- Article 1 (Purpose)
- These guidelines aim to establish specific criteria for making awards or disciplinary actions regarding Seoul National University Gwanak Residence Halls(Gwanaksa) residents regulation article 8.
- Article 2 (Reward)
- ① Residents who contribute to the improvement of Gwanaksa or who have displayed exemplary conduct in the community may be considered for reward.
② Rewards will be decided by the dean of dormitory upon recommendation by a resident advisor or administrative staff.
③ Residents with 8 or more accumulated reward points can be recommended as superior occupants.
④ Criteria for award point is shown in Appendix 1. However for details not specified depends on the decision of the dean of dormitory.
- Article 3 (Disciplinary action)
- ① The dean of dormitory can decide disciplinary action for residents who hinder health cohabitation and destroy property.
② Disciplinary action will be decided by the dean of dormitory upon recommendation by a resident advisor or administrative staff.
③ Demerits are accumulated continuously for 2 years regardless of changes in one’s academic status. Accumulated demerits at the point of application is applied for selection.
④ An accumulation of 10 or more demerits will result in expulsion and an accumulation of 6 or more demerits disqualify from the future selection.
⑤ Upon an expulsion order, resident must vacate the room within 7 days.
⑥ In case of violating plural regulations at a time, resident can get the additional punishments by decision of the dean of dormitory.
⑦ If resident is unsuitable for cohabitation, dean of dormitory can evict and restrict of future re-entry regardless of resident’s demerit.
⑧ Demerit points are not cancelled out by reward points.
⑨ Criteria for demerit point is shown in Appendix 1. However for details not specified depends on the decision of the dean of dormitory.
- Article 4 (Reward and punishment committee)
- ① The dean of dormitory can hold a reward and punishment committee in order to consider reward or disciplinary action.
② Committee will be composed of 10 members, including chairperson and committee member.
③ The dean of dormitory is appointed as a chairperson. In case of absence of chairperson, vice dean of dormitory will deputize.
④ The dean of dormitory will decide the committee member from vice dean, head of administrations team, staff of administrations team, resident director etc. who take responsibility of residents support.
- Rules of Life
- [Appendix 1] Criteria for Reward Points
- [Appendix 2] Criteria for Demerit Points