- Family Housing
- Check In/Out Guide
You must be student at SNU Gwanak Campus or have received admission to be a new student. To be eligible for education,
you have to satisfy the following conditions.
- Eligibility for Application
- Graduate Students, Research Students who are married
- If you are an international student, you must go through application process with OIA (Office of International Affairs) Call: 880-4447
- If you are a new incoming student, you are only eligible to apply after you’ve paid the tuition
- Guide to Move-in Application
- Online Application
- - Rolling application during application period
- - Required documents must be submitted within 7 days after you complete the online application. (Application is not complete until you hand in
all the documents)
- - Categorizing Applicant Status
- ① New students are categorized into students entering in fall term and students entering in spring term
- ② Students getting Masters and Ph.D degree together are considered as Ph.D students starting their 5th semester.
(They will only be considered new Ph.D student for their 5th semester)
- ③ If you enter false information intentionally or by mistake, you will be held fully responsible for any disadvantage resulting from it.
- Application Period for Move-in Application and Required Documents
- - Period : Within 7 days immediately following the completion of your online application.
- - Time : Weekdays 9AM – 6PM (Not open during weekends and holidays)
- - Place : Gwanaksa Administrations Office/ Officer in charge of Family Dormitories
- Announcement of Move-in Priorities
- Date : 1st of March, June, September and December (If it’s holiday, the announcement will be on the next day)
- * We assign priorities based on information of applicants who’ve completed application process until day before the announcement date.
- - Method : Check online any time after the announcement date on Family Dormitory Website
- - Final Announcement on Move in : Officer in charge will notify the applicants individually
- - Decision-making of Final Confirmation : Announced based on move-in priorities as there’s resident moving out.
- Required Documents for Move-in (The validity of Move-in Application and supplementary Documents for Family House is 6 months)
- - Move in Application (Gwanaksa Form located at Administrations Office – Please receive it there)
- - An attested copy of resident registration (Must show your spouse and family; Must have been issued within 3 months) If you or your
spouse is not recorded on the attested copy of resident registration, hand in 1 copy of family relationship certificate
- - 1 copy among the following: Certificate of Enrollment (Tuition Payment Receipt for New Students), Certificate of Research Student
Registration, RA Certificate
- - Tax Payment Certificate for Asset (Housing) for both you and your spouse (Tax Payment Certificate should prove that you have not
been taxed by Seoul regardless of your permanent address)
- - If you are Masters-Ph.D course student, hand in 1 copy of your transcript (so we can check which semester you are in)
- - If your spouse is a student at SNU, you must record it on affiliation section for your spouse and hand in a document that can prove the
- - If you are a student with disability, please hand in a copy of disabled identity card
- Online Application
- Steps for Moving-in
- Pay Security Deposit after you’ve received Final Decision for Move in (Please do this on time for Move-in)
- Dormitory Fee is paid by resident who will live in the room from the point when Final Decision for Move-in is announced
(If you become the next resident to move in by the priorities, you are responsible for the dormitory fee, and you have the right to move-in)
- Please pay the Facilities Use Fee (\150,000 by 5th of every month. Please write 000dong-000ho when you pay)